This was a hard sermon.
Not because of what I had to say. No, there was more to say. But I don’t think I was “in” this one like I normally would be.
It was a hard weekend.
Still, the world needs to see the kind of friendship possible through the church.
Summarize the passage by asking Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- What can make being a friend difficult?
- What friendships have tested you the most? Why?
- Is it possible to disagree with someone so much and still love them?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- How does this message help make Kelsey a loving church?
- What about the Bible reading or message caught your attention?
- How did the Holy Spirit challenge you?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What will you do to make the message real to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS
Pray for those struggling with doubt and temptation. Ask God to bless them with assurance and strength. Pray that our church makes disciples of Jesus Christ.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART
Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse:
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.